23.11.11

November Catch Up

It's only been a few weeks since I caught up on here, but it seems like a lot has happened!  I had my birthday last week and I turned 32.  Wowza.  My lovely mother also celebrated her birthday and Jake's parents celebrated their 40th anniversary!!!

Winter is here and Jake has already got the first snowmobile outing of the season under his belt.  Kind of.  It was abbreviated, but they rode nonetheless.

Ryan & Court got an early surprise with the arrival of baby Owen about 2 weeks early!  He is so darling!  He was 6lbs 13.5oz with dark hair and the sweetest little face you could imagine.  I can't wait to meet him in a few weeks!!!

Today is Reid's 10 month birthday.  It's crazy to think that him turning 1 is just right around the corner.

Reid didn't get the memo that he was supposed to be extra nice to me on my birthday and instead decided to cut his first tooth.  FINALLY, he has a tooth! I guess that was his gift to me.  In return, I gave him multiple doses of Advil and Tylenol.  I've heard of people saying that teething wasn't that bad and suddenly teeth just appeared.  Not the case for us.  I had a irrationally fussy baby that cried when I held him, cried when I didn't and boycotted any type of sleep for 5 days - day and night.


Back to my birthday:)  My parents were so nice and drove all the way up here, just to take us all out for dinner at Baton Rouge for amazing ribs!  I got spoiled in the gift department with gorgeous charcoal leather boots and an iPad!!!  I got some lovely phone calls and had a really nice day over all.



At 10 months, this little guy has been growing like crazy.  He suddenly hit a growth spurt and got a lot taller, jumping up in the percentile charts to where they remeasured him to make sure it was correct.  He loves spoons.  He's crawling all over the place and loves to turn off the cable.  It's a glowing blue button right at his eye level.  When we tell him no, he giggles and crawls faster because he knows we're about to jump up and grab him.

He's figured out the stairs going up, so my sister in law was nice enough to lend us her baby gate.  He will climb anything and everything now.  He's also REALLY strong and REALLY quick.  I took him out to dinner with all of the Swainson ladies to a little restaurant downtown where he managed to swipe a glass of water and hurl it off the table at the the couple sitting next to us.  If that glass could have shattered any more than it did, I would have to see it to believe it.  Thankfully, they were super nice about it!

I also gave Reid his very first haircut last week.  Just a trim.  It was just starting to get a little unruly and mullet-esque, so it was time.  He was really good.  Next time though, I will wait until Jake is home to distract him so he doesn't follow the scissors.  It made it hard to get the back:)


He gets stuck under the table on a daily basis and is sleeping TERRIBLY.  I'm hoping that goes away very soon.  We're all a little sleep deprived around these parts:)  As his Aunty Courtney says, he makes Jolly Jumping look like a competitive sport.  Agreed.  He LOVES it.  I'll have to post a video soon.


He loves to cuddle and watch little videos of himself.  He has the world's cutest laugh and aside from teething days, he's such a happy baby.  I might be biased, but I'm pretty sure I'm right on this one.  Love this little guy so much and I'm so thankful every single day that I get the privilege of being his mom.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the update- it's nice reading about news I didn't know about and the news I already did :)
    The pictures are beautiful. Beautiful. As is the baby.

    ...also, you freaking cut off like 3 feet of hair! I'd say that's news worthy,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi jamie! I just found your blog off your facebook page. What a cute little guy Reid is! Your photography is fantastic, too.

    ReplyDelete