I thought a blog would be a nice way to stay in touch, especially with so much going on this year (and the less than desirable phone plans here)! Jake and I got married on February 16th and have been settling down in Calgary. It has been wedded bliss ever since! It's been very humbling to see how things fall into place when you put your life in order. I feel so blessed to be back in Alberta with Jake and back around family - both of our families. I've loved being close to my family again and spending time with them. It's also been such a wonderful experience becoming part of the Swainson family. What wonderful people they all are! I think I forgot what it was like to have "people". Don't get me wrong, I miss California. I really, truly do. I miss my friends there, I miss the weather & humidity, the restaurants (Mexican food in particular - tomato sauce is NOT salsa, Canada!) Don't worry, I'll be back to visit - hopefully before I get too big to fly! So within the first half of 2010, I've moved twice - and to Canada nonetheless, I got engaged, married and within a few more months, we found out that we would be adding to our little family!
If you didn't know by the title, or the tiny floating baby with a countdown on the right, we're pregnant!!! Jake and I found out back in May and couldn't be happier! I'm 12 weeks along and due February 2nd. We had our first ultrasound a few weeks ago and got to see the baby and the heartbeat at a healthy 186 beats/min. I've been feeling pretty good up until this past week. I've been nauseated every day, with a few "highlights", but nothing unmanageable. This past week though, it's gotten exponentially more intense. I have a steady supply of Goldfish crackers and water wherever I go. It seems to take the edge off. I'm pretty sure, after this pregnancy, I'll never want to see another goldfish cracker again. Ever. Otherwise, I've just been irrationally tired, a little chubbier than normal and very excited:)
Jake has been gone for most of July, which has been less than ideal, but he'll be home at the end of month and I can't wait! Aside from missing him like crazy and being a little lonely, I think I need someone to reign in the super fun hormonal roller coasters and someone to whine to when I get sick:) Poor Jake. He's such a good sport. I'll start posting some pictures of my weight gain soon. I would imagine there are a few folks out there that will be happy to see my inability to fit into anything without an elastic waist. You know who you are!
Looks super awesome!!!!! Love you tons!!! And yes everybody the hormones are definitely kicking in:)
ReplyDeleteJake
I am soooooo happy you have a blog. It is fun to keep up with people that way, and I try to update mine as much as I can with 3 toddlers. Your baby news made me cry. :) You guys make an adorable little couple and soon to be an adorable family.
ReplyDeleteHow exciting Jamie.....you'll be such a great mom. I don't know if you have heard, but I am expecting as well. Baby #3 on November 2nd. I am 25 weeks along and we are having a boy. The sickness gets better after a while, but definately not fun while it lasts. I will send you an invite to our blog since it is private. Excited to read about all your adventures.
ReplyDeleteJamie! I just found your blog today and what great news! I am sooo happy for you guys. You're going to be such a wonderful mother. Hope you get to feeling less yucky soon. In the meantime...glad you've found something that works for you. If goldfish is what it takes...eat up :) Mine was water. I had to constantly be sipping water...ICE water...through a SKINNY straw...in a GLASS cup...all day long. Very particular but it worked. The things we do! Hope you're having a great summer! Love ya!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations Jamie!!!! I got your email a few weeks ago about your blog, got on and saw the news (YEAH!!), and am now finally coming back on to say CONGRATULATIONS! I am SO happy and excited for you! I can't wait to keep up with everything with your pregnancy and life in general with your blog. I MISS YOU!!! Love you!
ReplyDelete