31.10.12

Happy Halloween!

This was Reid's second Halloween and the first one he could actually Trick-or-Treat.  It was bitterly cold and icy out, but we bravely knocked on the doors of 7 houses on our street before Reid was completely DONE and hating anyone that opened the door.  We even didn't have all that many trick-or-treaters come to the house... I'm pretty sure it was just too chilly. It said it was only -10C, which is still COLD by any standard, but it felt much colder to me!

In the spirit of it being cold, I tried to come up with a costume that would be somewhat warm, so you could actually still tell what he was after he was bundled up.  We did Paul Bunyan and got him the little glowing ax and I spray painted his little cow blue to be Babe the Blue Ox:)  He had a little blue toque too, that came off about 14 seconds after I put it on.

I was Rosie the Riveter.

We went to a Halloween Party on Friday night and he held onto both perfectly all night while dancing the night away:)  For today, we went to a super cute party that a friend of ours put on for little ones, complete with a haunted house and amazing treats!  We came home, did the 7 houses and Reid spent the rest of the night cozied up on the couch, watching Halloween specials on Disney in the comfort of his pajamas and warm blanket.

Maybe next year, we'll go to California or Arizona so it's a little more enjoyable:)

Happy Halloween!


No comments:

Post a Comment