What a crazy few months it's been for work! Gah! I got in a little over my head, but life is resuming some normalcy now and I need to write some things down before I forget them! Thank goodness for phones that take pictures and videos:)
Reid will be 23 months this weekend. One more month and then he's 2. No more counting in months really. No more months of clothes - just 2T. As sad as it is to lose this baby stage, I could never have imagined how much fun he could be and I'm consistently and pleasantly (most of the time) surprised by his sweet, little personality (he's also entered a little bit of the tantrum stage - not so pleasant!).
He is such a boy. He's taken to talking like Batman most of the time in a low growl. He loves anything to do with trucks, cars, dinosaurs, animals, throwing balls, dirt, lego, puzzles, books and wrestling. He also has a super sweet side. If I'm ever sad, he comes to immediately give me a hug, pat me on the back and give me a kiss. When he wakes up from his nap, it's an immediate, sleepy, mildly confused and whispered, "HI!". Once I pick him up, he nestles into my neck and pats me on the back like I do to him. He loves to cuddle still.
When we go out anywhere, he says hi to every. single. person. If they don't return his greeting, he'll say it again, then a little louder, until he's yelling HIIIII after whoever didn't feel the need to be friendly to a baby, as they walk away...haha.
I've been trying to teach him to say "I Love You". He hasn't got the "love" part down yet, but he starts it with "I", then I say, "Love" and he finished with an enthusiastic, "YOU!". I'll take it! We've started the counting thing when he's getting into stuff. He's figured it out now and after I say one, he proudly says two. Not what I'm going for, but super cute!
He's added a bunch of words to his little, budding vocab. Water, more, mine, See (ya), Sorry, Dog, Hot, Eyes, Boo!, Ewww, Yuck, Me, Leease (for please), yay (for thank you) and I'm sure a few more I'm missing.
He also does animal sounds really well - cow, dog, wolf (really), dinosaur & monkey.
So here are a few pictures & videos from my phone that I want to remember.
- I was folding laundry while he was watching a show and he took the laundry basket and made it into his own personal theatre seat.
- This was on my birthday. He was my lunch date and since it was a special day, he got his very own chocolate milk. He's a changed boy. LOVES it and didn't let go of it until well after the food arrived. I had a wonderful birthday! Jake sent me flowers, arranged a sitter, took me shopping for new boots, took me to dinner and then to Twilight on opening night. It was super fun and all a big surprise!
- We call him the tiny tornado for a reason. Within a few minutes of waking up, he has a bunch of stuff spread all over. He usually watches a show while I make him breakfast and he's been doing breakfast sans clothes because I'm tired of all of his clothes getting ruined! Except for his boots. We got him his first pair of snow boots and it's a struggle to get him to keep them off. We actually have to hide them every day. I think it's because he can put them on himself. So, he's always working on his moves and this time in his snow boots:)
- I'm THAT Mom now. The one with the huge cart that looks like a car or a plane. It's the only way to go though. Any shopping trip that I don't have to wrestle an angry, bored baby, is a good shopping trip.
- He loves to help me clean! After I mopped, he wanted to do some more, so he pulled up the rug with every little bit of strength he could muster and continued the mopping for me. It's a heavy rug too!
- He's also happy to undo other messes he creates. He's all about coloring. He's been really good about just doing it on paper, but it's recently migrated to the walls. Thank goodness for Magic Eraser. Seriously, GENIUS creation.
- His favorite food is pizza - as seen below. He also loves pancakes, yogurt, french toast, taco soup, fruit, and anything to do with pasta or burgers. He's a really good eater.
- This was when he first started saying please for things:) You can tell it was a while back by the lack of snow and bitter cold.
- Poor little guy. We were all down in the unfinished basement and he was running round with his little cousin, tripped, face planted and split both his lips, bit his tongue and his tooth went right into his bottom lip, so they swelled up huge and bruised. On the bright side, he had a couple good days of juice freezies and frozen yogurt tubes to help the swelling go down. He didn't seem to mind. He was SO sad though, when it happened. It was hard for me too. There's that moment when you think the worst as he's spitting blood out and you wonder if he knocked his little teeth out or bit through his tongue... it could have been a lot worse!
One of Reid's best little buddies has come over quite a bit to play with us. Kalia is so sweet and we just LOVE her. They laugh and play and hug all day. She usually comes over before Reid is awake, so when he gets up, so goes into his room and climbs up on the crib so they can hug each other. It's the cutest thing ever. Really. Melts my heart. They're exactly 1 month apart, so it's fun that they're into the exact same stuff and play so well together.
Adding to his list of animal sounds, we've now added "Ho, Ho" for Santa. All through Superstore, he wanted to wear this hat and just kept saying "Ho, Ho...Hi!" to everyone:)
Ever since the Bubble Guppies episode with the sneezing that he found so hilarious, he's tried to replicate the sneeze:) Instead of the CH sound, he uses a B instead. If anyone around him sneezes, he does it too.
How anyone could sleep like this, I'll never know. This is at my parent's house at nap time when we were down for a visit. He wanted to sleep with the football and this is how I found him when I went to check on him. I moved him, but not until I got a picture!
Okay, that's it for now - holy long post!











No comments:
Post a Comment