I think most everyone has seen our big news already, but I thought I'd add it to here as well for those that aren't on Facebook and just as a fun little record:)
Things haven't gone especially smooth so far, but we're doing fine and I'm hanging in there:) I've been super sick this time around, super tired and apparently twice as crazy...haha. I'm also twice as big as I was last time around. I had to deal with a sub-chorionic bleed at 7 weeks where I thought for sure I'd lost the babies. I had to go on highly restricted activity/semi-bed rest for a few weeks, but things seem to be getting a lot better and we'll find out more this week. Hopefully I can resume acting like a normal human being! I've been procrastinating a belly picture, but I better take a picture while it's still cute and before I look like I swallowed 2-3 watermelons!
I still can't believe there are 2 babies in there! When the tech told us, she said that there were originally 3, but one was reabsorbing already, but there were definitely 2. She said it really non-chalant and just moved on. We had to stop her and ask her to rewind for a sec. She clarified that there are two gestational sacs and Jake's response was, "There are two BABIES?!?!?". Definitely a big surprise!
Twin B is measuring a few days behind and has been since the first ultrasound, but is growing consistently. These pictures are from our 12 week nuchal screen. Everything looks good, but I have to go back in 3 weeks for a follow up ultrasound to make sure they're still growing on schedule - especially B. I'm HOPING that we get to find out the genders since I'll be over 16 weeks at that point. I'm so excited to find out!!!
We've been so blessed to have so much help in the past month with meals and people taking Reid while I rest and go to appointments. I really feel so lucky to have so many wonderful people in my life here!
I'll update as we get more news:)

Theresa texted me when you announced on facebook, Wahooooo Congrats to you & your family! We are thrilled for you!!!
ReplyDeleteJamie, this post made me cry, i am not sure why but I am just so happy for you! I can't believe it, TWINS!!!
ReplyDeleteJamie we are so excited for your little family to grow exponentially! Can't wait to hear what they will be and I hope they are healthy more than anything!
ReplyDelete