2.1.14

Gender Reveal!

We usually go down south this time of year because it's my Dad's birthday and we have a big family dinner and then Christmas follows a few days later.  We found out the genders of our babies on Monday, December 16th and I had to wrestle with keeping it a secret until that Saturday when we saw my family.  Since we were planning on coming down, they wanted us to wait and tell them in person, so we decided to do something kind of fun to spill the beans.

I decided to make 2 birthday cakes for my dad's birthday celebration.  The color of the cake on the inside would reveal the gender of each baby.  It took me a ridiculously long time.  I'm not a baker, nor a pastry chef (as evidence by the cake size difference - to my defence, it was really late - and poor icing skills...haha).  We then had to transport them from Calgary down to Magrath without mashing them and then keep my Mom and Ryan from secretly/surgically cutting into them in the middle of the night without us knowing.

We always go to dinner at Earl's so we went in a little early to drop them off at the restaurant and then run some errands, so I could breathe a little easier.  The anticipation was SO fun and there was even a little money made by a few who guessed right:)






 Mom cut into the first one (Baby B).  I love Lucy's face!
 It's a BOY!

 Then Dad cut into the other one (Baby A) and the reactions are from the winners of the $ pool to the left;)

 We're SO excited to be having one of each.  We would have been thrilled no matter what, but I think this was the ideal for us:)  

 Next year will be a little crazier than this one, but we couldn't be more excited to meet our two new little ones in 4 months!


Nana, Saba and the grandkids of 2013:)

1 comment:

  1. So i was blog stalking you and saw this post. I'm so excited for you. We have boy/girl twins and you are going to love it. Although the first 4-6 months are kind of a haze, but it will still be fun. congrats!

    ReplyDelete