Only 12 weeks to go now! Here is an updated picture since a few people who are far away keep asking:)
Everything is going really well - other than the added challenge of sleeping comfortably, having to do my glucose test AGAIN next week. Gross. (It came in 0.1 higher than normal, so I have to do the 3 hour test - thankfully at a different lab - away from the scary tech and because it's so close, they expect it to come back normal), and not passing out when I get weighed at the doctor's office:) Just numbers I've never seen!
Everything else came back great, except my iron is little low, which is an easy fix.
So far I've gained 28 lbs!!! Yikes! I had my appointment on Tuesday and I'm measuring at 29 weeks. I expressed my concerns about having a large baby (for those who don't know, Jake weighed in at a whopping 10lbs 14oz). He's having dreams that the baby is born the size of a pea and I'm having the opposite. She said that while there aren't any conclusive studies on it, she had attended a conference where the presenting doctor made a good point. At some point, nature takes over and if you were to breed a Shetland Pony with a Clydesdale, changes are, the Pony wouldn't give birth to a Clydesdale sized baby. Here's to hoping she's right:)
Baby also seems to be drawn to Jake's hands now. Virtually any time he rests his hand on my belly for more than a few minutes, he gets an aggressive kick or 5 directly under it. If he moves, so do the kicks. He's either letting us know that he's aware, or he's being a little protective of his ever decreasing space. Either way, it's fun for us! He's very active.
The lack of space in there has caused a couple ribs in my back to pop out occasionally as things get pushed farther up. We have a great Chiro who has been kind enough to pop them back into place for me a couple times a week now in an effort to alleviate the stabbing pain that comes with rib relocation:)

Ok seriously you are the cutest prego lady ever! Sorry your little guy kicks the crap out of you. But hey what is a few cracked/ popped ribs??? Motherhood is beautiful.
ReplyDelete