26.6.11

Reid's Blessing Day

We were more than concerned when we woke up this morning to rain.  Not because I don't occasionally love the rain.  Really, I do.  I appreciate it more than most I think!  It was more the anticipation of having 50 family members at our house shortly and no outlet outside for added space.  We ran inside the church, under the umbrella and much to my joy, when we came back out afterwards, the sun had made it's way through the clouds and the rain was gone! Yay!!!

It was a really lovely day!  The blessing was so wonderful and it was so special to have so much of our family there to participate.  Reid was perfect for it.  He didn't even make a peep, just tried to do sit-ups.  His cute little white outfit even stayed white all day.  I layered him with 2 undershirts and an extra pair of pants just to make sure a chance diaper breach didn't make an appearance!  I had been worried for nothing.  Jake gave a beautiful blessing.  Afterwards, we went outside where the sun was shining finally, and took a few pictures with the family.


Then it was off to our house for the family lunch!  We had Pulled Pork Sandwiches, watermelon, strawberries, oatmeal & chocolate cake, cookies, a bunch of wonderful salads and even an amazing cake made of fresh fruit that Heidi made for their dad (his birthday is on Tuesday so we got to make it a double celebration!).

A huge thank you to my Mom who made half of the meat and all of the cakes.  You are a wonder woman.

It was tight quarters with so many people, but overall, I think a good time was had by all!   We loved having everyone over!  Thank you for coming to support us and making the day so special for us (and for the help with the salads, extra crockpot and drink dispenser!).

We love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment