I love Fridays! When I was part of the business working world, they were my favourite day. You have the anticipation of the whole weekend ahead of you and Fridays just seem brighter, sunnier and happier in general. Now that I'm at home with the little munchkin, Fridays are still awesome. We don't have any major scheduling victories or exciting events to look forward to, but I still love Fridays.
We've had a tough week, Reid and I (we've both been sick and fussy), so I am very thankful for a lazy morning in bed watching him smile, try to roll over, laugh and talk. He even let me sleep until 8 (after 3am and 6am feedings)! I think I've been a little bit ungrateful this past month, so I was lying there thinking of all the things I have to be so thankful for.
In the past month, I've haven't been the pinnacle of health for some reason. It's literally been one thing piggy backing another. I landed my second round of mastitis. Ouch. It's like getting the worst flu you've ever had, multiplying it by 10 and then accompanying it with pain of someone grinding broken glass inside. I don't recommend it:) Luckily, I recognized it right away and got on antibiotics really quickly. Towards the end of that, I started to get a tooth infection that moved into my jaw, only to find out by the dentist that one of my two wisdom teeth had decided to make it's move - impacted. I'm 31. I thought I was out of the woods for that - apparently not. Next round of antibiotics commence!
A week later, I get both of them pulled under local freezing and only Ibuprofen because I'm still nursing. My mom was nice enough to come up to help me out with Reid so I could just be a sick baby myself:) On a kind of "not funny at the time, but funny now" side note...the dentist had to freeze me 6 times for the bottom one, so I was frozen from my ear to past my nose and down my throat. There is nothing I like about not being able to swallow for 8 hours. I had minor panic attacks about every 30 seconds for awhile...ha ha. Having been frozen so much, froze my sinus and also rendered my vocal chords nearly useless. I sounded like a drunk stroke victim. It was awful. Before the dentist pulled my teeth, he warned me that because the tooth appeared to be touching a nerve canal, pulling it could cause damage and I ran the risk of not regaining all the feeling back in my face - permanently. So when the freezing hadn't worn off 5 hours later and I was still sounding completely ridiculous, I started to really worry, thinking it might be permanent. Jake and my mom, however, thought this side effect was hilarious. I started to cry and told them they wouldn't be laughing when they had to learn sign language because I refused to talk like this for the rest of my life. Thankfully, about 8 hours into it, it started to wear off and my sanity was reinstated:) No, I didn't let them record me. Seriously. It was ridiculous.
As my mouth was just starting to heal to the point where I could eat again, I got my 3rd bout of mastitis! What?!?! Back on antibiotics, followed by a sore throat this week, laryngitis and now a cold. I feel like I should go live in a bubble for a couple weeks until my immune system returns from vacation. To really help the situation, my perfect, easy baby is suddenly boycotting any sleep and any time not being held while pacing. Maybe he got my sore throat?
On the bright side, I have so much to be thankful for this week!
- Reid was 5 months old yesterday! Crazy!
- We are getting him blessed on Sunday and very much looking forward to it! It's a little later than usual, but with as much immediate family as we have, the planets pretty much have to align to get everyone together. So excited to see everyone! Love all of our family!
- Ryan and Court will be home for the summer the night before, just in time! We can't wait to see cute, pregnant Courtney:)
- The sun has been out, sans wind for at least a little bit for the past few days allowing for some very enjoyable walks.
- I've only received 5 mosquito bites from a potential 5000 this week.
- We have a BBQ and patio set, which we have used almost daily. I've even been seen out there in the rain cooking under an umbrella. I. LOVE. BBQ.
- Where our comedically small kitchen table sat for so long, now sits a nice large table. I am SO happy about this.
- Calgary is really beautiful in the summer. It's so green you almost forget how brown and snowy it is most of the year.
- Nightly Slurpee runs this week. One of the best parts of summer.
- Thunder storms. Say what you want about Alberta weather, we have WICKED thunder storms and I get giddy every time I see one rolling in.
- The existence of Tess makes Reid laugh all the time. She can just look at him and he's all smiles.
- My hard-working husband. He's been out there in the snow, rain, hail and sun and never complains:)
- Reid is getting little rolls on his legs and arms. They are ridiculously cute.
- I'm slightly obsessed with this season of The Bachelorette. So dumb I can't stop watching. And the Bentley cliff hangers...come on!!!
Life is good:)
No comments:
Post a Comment