I'm learning very quickly as mom of a 14 month old, that there are a lot of phrases that I never really thought I would have to say out loud or thoughts I would have to string together. Phrases that I say out loud and then think...REALLY?! "Reid, please don't EAT the rocks" was repeated at least a dozen times over the course of a single day. He's not used to being outside where there's a glorious abundance of tiny, bite sized rocks, so any time the front door would open, this kid made a bee line for the door where just 2 feet away his smorgasbord awaited him. The only thing he's had to avoid outside is yellow snow:) Thank goodness for Squeaker Shoes. They were like a little alarm that he was on the move:)


Thankfully, one of the days, my Dad called on FaceTime from Israel just in time to distract him from his impending tantrum as I took the rocks away. I'm still kind of floored by the amazing technology; also, by the desire Reid has to eat gravel.

No comments:
Post a Comment