21.7.12

National Mall - Washington, DC

I LOVED the National Mall.  The building were breathtakingly beautiful and ornate!  The subway was such a trip and the most confusing and probably anxiety ridden place of my whole life (Reid just wanted to get out of our arms and run toward the edge and I'm pretty sure my heart stopped numerous times thinking about it.)  Such a crazy place, but really cool at the same time.  

After the Smithsonian, we trekked around to the various landmarks and I was a little bit starstruck to be honest.  There was so much history and character in every single building.  I was trying to soak it all in!  The part of me that is American got pretty proud, especially at the WWII Memorial that represented my Grandpa Mac (where Reid's middle name comes from).  The DC monument was amazing, the White House was awesome and I LOVED the Lincoln Memorial.  That was one of my favorite parts of the trip.  I did actually get in some pictures this round - if for no other reason than to prove that I actually did go on this trip:)

He fell asleep like this and stayed asleep like this for a LONG time.  Funny boy:)

The White House
Reid is quite smitten with Ryan, Court and Owen - with good reason! They were so good to entertain his constant requests for hugs and high fives all week!
Hopefully they don't kill me for putting this up!  Court and I were saying how great it was that these football buddies were now pushing strollers together:)
The boys were not overly impressed with the Monument.  Reid slept through a lot of the National Mall:)
This was such a beautiful, and almost comically long walk.

Very proud of my Grandpa Mac!

I tried to get a picture of Reid in front of the Memorial and this is the best I got.  Quick little dude!


The boys did SO well.  They just cruised around in the strollers and slept when they were tired.  Seriously, they were rockstars.

1 comment:

  1. That IS a comically long walk. Good thing I got fueled up with a sponge bob pop first. And I was not humoring Reid with the hugs and high fives- I loved every single one of them! :)

    ReplyDelete