17.8.12

Reid - 18 months

I feel like I've been slacking a little on the monthly updates, so here is my little mister at 18, almost 19 months.  These are just a few things I want to remember about this past month, so bear with me!  

He's started talking now here and there and is completely entertaining each and every day.  He's such a happy boy!  He's jumped up in the height and weight again and is a solid little dude.


He says Mom, Dad, Num, Go, Why, Bye, Wow, Whoa, Yeah, No and Hi and a few little animal sounds.  Most recently though, it's been his dinosaur roar.  He watched the episode of Bubble Guppies (video below) that had dinosaurs on it and he's been roaring at everyone ever since!


When he says hi, he says like a question, "Hiii?".  The other day when I was getting ready, I had him on the bed playing with my iPad and he found the Gina the talking Giraffe app.  It basically repeats everything you say to it in a small, high pitched voice.   For a solid 5 minutes I heard, "Hiii?" and then the tiny voice of Gina say it back.  Reid would politely return the greeting with another "Hiii?" and you get the idea, all the while waving at her:)

We've had a really fun month with lots of time spent at various "beaches" here in the south and we've discovered Heritage Park.  Reid's just tall enough to go on the rides, so it's super fun!


He gives the best, tightest hugs with an accompanying "Awwwww" to go with them and it melts my heart every single day.  You're such a sweet boy and I just LOVE being your momma!

He's been cutting 2 molars this last week/month and so it's thrown our beautiful sleep schedule off slightly, so he didn't even quite make it to lunch today and he was pretty upset at my attempts to keep him up to eat...haha.

Last one for tonight!  Our little peach swiper - he finds them in the pantry and almost every day he comes happily wandering out with a mouthful.  You would think that after more than a half dozen I would learn my lesson.  Sadly, I have not.  Oh well, he loves them!  I love how deliberately he chews.  I suppose that happens when you only have 10 teeth!


1 comment:

  1. okay... adorable blog! and baby! so fun. Let's be friends!

    xoxo
    Amanda

    http://tommyandamandasmith.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete