29.1.13

He's 2!

Our sweet, little man turned 2 last week on the 23rd.  We just did a little celebration the day of, with his favorite meal - pizza - for dinner, presents from Jake and I (we got him a sled and some more big blocks), followed by a big cupcake with a candle for him.  He wasn't too sold on the candle idea at first and did his best to blow it out.  He finally did it, with a little help from Dad:)

We had the actual party on Saturday the 26th, so it would be easier for people to attend.  We had lots of family come to celebrate and it turned out really well!  Reid got spoiled with all of the attention and some really fun presents.  We did an airplane theme this year.  I had a lot of fun putting together the invitations and decorations!
My amazingly talented Mom, helped me do this cake.  All I did was bake it and she did the filling and all of the decorating with the icing.  It turned out SO much better than I'd even hoped:)  Thanks Mom!!!  It was a white cake recipe that I found online with vanilla pudding/whipped cream filling and buttercream icing.  So good!

I made a Mango Peach punch for the drink.

The party favors were little suitcases that I made filled with little treats and we had homemade mini chili burgers on the Air Sandwich Control tower. (Instead of Air Traffic Control....get it? My attempt at being clever :) )




I saw these cute little planes on Pinterest (of course) and they ended up being super easy to make.

 Thank you to my dear friend, Simone, for lending us the darling airplane mobile, crate and blue plane for our decorations!
Thank you to everyone who came out to celebrate with us!  We are so lucky to have some many loved ones close by!  What a beautiful adventure the last few years have been because of this amazing little boy.  He's such a blessing and such a joy every single day.  It's wonderful and difficult to see him grow so quickly.  I feel like I need to just soak up every minute because I can't believe how fast the last 2 years went.  Happy Birthday Reid.  We just love you so very much!!!

2 comments:

  1. What a happy day! Reid is growing up FAST... he was so little last time I saw you guys! I must tell you, your party was stunning... the details! That is not my skill set, and I'm a serious appreciator.

    I wish you a happy 2nd year with your sweet boy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy Smokes, you should be a party planner, this is amazing!!! HE is SO cute!!

    ReplyDelete