13.6.13

Mother's Day

I've been terribly neglectful of this poor little blog lately.  I have all these great intentions and sadly, I don't think that right at the start of my busy season, much will be remedied.   That being said, I decided I better do one before I get too far buried in it all:)

We decided to head down to Magrath for Mother's Day again this year.  Now that Ryan & Court are back in Magrath to stay and JD & Brittany are just 10 minutes away in Raymond, it's a lot easier to get together with everyone.  Reid just loves having all the little cousins to play with.  Lucy and Evie are so sweet with the little boys and the little boys are so funny to watch as they interact and play.  Reid can say Evie's name perfectly, he has a harder time with Lucy's though and it comes out Wa-Loo Wa-Loo:)

He say so many funny things now and is just talking up a storm.  I think to myself all the time that I need to just carry around a notebook so I can jot them all down and never forget them.  Maybe that will be my next post (procrastination at it's finest!).  I only have a few minutes before Reid wakes up, so...

Jake started a fun tradition for me last year that for a Mother's Day gift, he takes me shopping and I get to pick out my "Mother's Day Outfit" for Sunday.  He knows me so well:)  I found a dress that I loved in the very first store, but was determined to make sure that there wasn't anything better in all of Chinook Mall.  Two hours and about 25 stores later, we went back and bought the first dress:)  Jake's a really good and patient shopper.  Thank goodness:)

We spent the morning out playing the yard, eating breakfast (thanks Ry!) and putting together my Mom's gift, a beautiful porch swing!  I really want one now!  We went to Church and then came home and had an amazing roast beef dinner before we headed for home.

I love being a mother.  It really has been one of the very greatest and very sweetest blessings in my life. I'm thankful every day for the growing little boy that asks for hugs and kisses every day and trusts me to "kiss it better" when he gets hurt.  I can't imagine doing anything more important or more rewarding that being a wife and a mother.  Hopefully, we'll get the chance to have more little ones soon.  Most people that know me well, know that it hasn't been easy this time around, but I'm trying not to lose hope.  Overall though, I'm so grateful for the wonderful life I have and I'm so thankful to be a Mother to such an amazing little boy.

I'm also eternally grateful for the other Mother's in my life.  My mom.  She's just an angel and the more I go through in this journey of Motherhood, the more I appreciate what a wonderful Mom she was and still is.  Reid calls her Nana and gets so excited every time he sees her.  She doesn't get a moment of privacy when Reid's around:)

I have the best Mother-in-Law.  Really.  She's phenomenal and we just love her so very much.  I wish she was closer so we could see her more!  Soon!  We hope;)

I have so many wonderful sister-in-laws too that are so supportive, encouraging, such great examples and such dear friends to me.  I'm so blessed!

Here are a few pictures of the day.














No comments:

Post a Comment