23.6.13

My Boys

I'm feeling very thankful for my sweet boys today.  Jake was off dirt biking over the weekend, surrounded by the flood, behind roads that eroded, fell into the river and out of cell range, while Reid and I were here in Calgary watching the news, filling Tupperware tubs with water and hoping for the best!  They were able to make it out after being told that they might be there for a week or so.

I know that there were so many people affected by the flooding that's still happening, so I'm so grateful that we're on higher ground and safe from the water.  My heart goes out to the people who've lost everything.  There were literally houses falling off the banks into the river.  My brother Ryan happened to be in Canmore and got stranded there as well when all the major roads got washed out, but they were safe too thankfully!

Jake came home last night after having a super good time on the rides and practically eating their weight in steak and wings over the course of the weekend:)  They'd heard that things were getting pretty bad here, but I think they were all shocked when they came into town just how bad things are right now.  It's pretty shocking.

I took this a few weeks ago when Jake was on his way to play football and now the river underneath is almost to the bottom of the bridge and the road to get there is completely under water!  Crazy!



No comments:

Post a Comment